Polymer render is a type of render that is made up of a mixture of Portland cement, lime, water, and sand. It is a popular choice for both new build and refurbishment projects as it is easy to apply, low maintenance, and highly durable. However, like all types of render, it is important to keep it clean in order to maintain its appearance and protect it from the elements.
Polymer render can be an attractive exterior finish for your home, but it requires regular cleaning to keep its appearance in top shape. Otherwise, dirt and grime can build up and make the render look dull and lackluster.
What are the benefits of Polymer Render?
This type of render is a popular choice for many homes and businesses because it is durable and has a long lifespan. Polymer render is also easy to clean and maintain. You should clean your polymer render at least once a year to prevent dirt and grime from building up and causing damage.
How Often you need to Clean Polymer Render?
How often you need to clean your polymer render will depend on several factors, including:
- The size of the surface
- The number of dirt and grime build ups
- How well maintained the surface was prior to buildup.
For best results, clean your polymer render at least once a year. Contact one of our render cleaning professionals to ensure a thorough cleaning that will protect your property.
Benefits of cleaned render:
When your render is cleaned, it has many benefits including:
- Increased property value,
- Reduced maintenance costs,
- Reduced visibility of stain and dirt marks,
- A cleaned render means a safer community and higher property values.
When Do You Need to Clean Polymer Render?
The best way to clean polymer render is with a soft brush and a mild detergent. You should avoid using harsh chemicals or pressure washers, as these can damage the render’s delicate surface. For stubborn stains, you may need to use a power washer with a low-pressure setting.
It is generally recommended that you clean your polymer render at least once a year. However, if there are stains or other marks that need removing, you should clean it as soon as possible.
Cleaning polymer render is a simple process. Here are some tips on how you should clean your polymer render:
- Find a time when you won’t inconvenience the people residing in the house or apartment. Make sure the surface is safe to climb on by wearing appropriate clothing e.g. boots and goggles.
- Place plastic sheets over vegetation and ensure car windows are closed.
- Wear protective goggles and boots when standing on scaffolding.
- Use a soft brush to apply the mild detergent directly to the surface.
- Use water to rinse the detergent away.
If there are any stubborn stains remaining, Contact one of our professionals today to ensure your property has a healthy and clean coating. Our professionals can also identify signs of damage and advise you on ways to prevent future damage.
As you can see, there are many good reasons to clean your render. Not only will it keep your house looking its best, but it will also protect it from the elements and extend its lifespan. You should also consider the climate and the amount of traffic that the render will be exposed to. If you live in a particularly wet or windy area, you may need to clean your render more often.